Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Misty Morning

Like silent sentinels shrouded in mist, the trees in my neighborhood fade into the distance as the sun rises every fall and spring.




The world takes on an ethereal quality and a hush falls upon us all.




I couldn't resist the call to walk in the early morning light and set out with my daughter and our dog to greet the morning.




New vistas emerge slowly as we make our way down the street, past silent houses, breathing in the crisp, clean air.





It's like looking at the world in a whole new way, lined up in layers, each less distinct than the last.


Until the horizon is engulfed in misty whiteness.





The mist brings a hint of mystery that makes an otherwise ordinary lane hold promise and intrigue.





Where does it go? What will I find?




Does it really matter when the scenery is this enchanting?





As we make our way back home the sun is beginning to burn away the veil of whiteness. . .



But I can't help but notice the way it frames the houses so beautifully. . .




And adds a dreamy quality to a rail fence.





Then I round the corner and my house emerges from the fog and greets me, welcomes me home, beckoning like a safe harbor in the sea of a misty morning.





I can't help but sigh. I love this little corner of the world I call home.

11 comments:

@TiffanyRom said...

I love a misty morning. That wet cool air. Those pictures are great!

Beth and Jess said...

Wow it is so beautiful there. And the blackberry cobbler looks delicious.

Shannon said...

we are glad you call it home! Great shots of the hood!

Heather said...

It's beautiful!!

Lurlyn said...

The narrating is what makes the post!

Shalice said...

So breathtaking!! Love your pictures.....

Definitely looks like a scene out of a movie, thanks for sharing

JenWood said...

Hey Jenni, found your blog on Mike Cox's blog.. hope you don't mind.. i love it! You are such a talented writer and you take amazing photos. Thanks for sharing those pictures.

Krazy Armstrong K's! said...

cant help but Sigh as well! We dont see stuf like that! Thats why I gotta live thru blogs! lol

Lump said...

these are amazing pics. makes me wish I had a warm cup of coffee on a back porch swing with a blanket! :)

♥ Becky ♥ said...

What a great morning. Makes me really miss when I used to live in Bellingham and every morning in the fall was like this. You take wonderful pictures.

Rela Pantaleon said...

now, I really miss the NW!