Wednesday, June 17, 2009

How do you stave off boredom?


This is an important question with the onset of summer knockin' at my door.  Today is Sig's last day and tomorrow Hannah's, so we need to know the answer to this question. . .

After yesterday, I may have an idea or two:

Yesterday while Signe and I were waiting for Hannah to get out of her achievement day activity we were hanging out in the foyer of the church.  I happened to bring my camera.  I had a relatively willing subject--who am I kidding?  I had an eager subject!  Here is how I stave off boredom:


Seriously, this girl's feet are filthy--what kind of mother lets her child go around with such filthy feet?? And then takes pictures of them??


This went on a while, so if you have any interest in seeing what else I had her do for the sake of an interesting shot, I will post more on the photo blog.

My girls have other ways of keeping boredom at bay. . .


They make costumes out of whatever they can find at hand -- I only wish I had gotten a picture of Signe before she took of her "whiskers".  She had cut up some small brown twine and taped it all over her face!  Very cute.  




Hannah got really creative and made herself into some kind of bird. . .then proceeded to fly about the house.  She was the ringleader here.  I hope she keeps the ideas flowing. . .for the handful of days we have this summer that aren't booked to the hilt. . .

Remember when summer was a wide open expanse filled with possibilities?  Yeah, ours is sort of looking like Swiss cheese after we filled in all the things we have to do.  Hopefully we will squeeze in a few fun trips. . . or  creative craft sessions.  And of course I will no doubt take pictures of everything.

2 comments:

Jennifer P. said...

I love the costumes! And the pictures in the foyer are gorgeous! I love that all the churches have the same furniture---but that's second to the great pictures :).

You've been busy writing over here! I'm sorry I've been such a slacker reader! I've scanned what I could with two kids begging me to go outside with them--hope I can come back and read some more later!

All the best to you!

Claudya Martinez said...

Great pictures!

Your kids make some great costumes too.